Hunger in Larimer County
Hunger in Larimer County often goes unnoticed. We live in a great community, so it’s easy to overlook hunger when it doesn’t touch you or someone you love. That’s because hunger hides behind closed doors. It lives in the home of a single mother who skips dinner to make sure her children have enough to eat. It lives in the apartment of the grandfather who has to choose between a meal and taking his medicine. It lives in the bedroom of a young child who has to make it all night without food until the next school day when she knows she will be fed.
- 1O.9% Larimer County residents live at or below the Federal Poverty guideline.
- 38,040 Larimer County residents are food insecure.
- 8.4% of seniors are food insecure.
- 21.6% of single mothers live in poverty.
- 32% of school-aged children in Larimer County receive free or reduced meals.