Colorado Gives Day
December 5 is Colorado Gives Day, a statewide day of giving that has become the Food Bank for Larimer County’s single most important online fundraising event. The funds raised on Colorado Gives Day are crucial in allowing us to combat hunger in Larimer County throughout the year.
Your gift on Colorado Gives Day will support:
- Meals for children and older adults prepared by our Nutritious Kitchen
- Food distribution through our Nourishing Network, a group of more than 100 nonprofits and schools serving Larimer County residents
- Distribution of diapers and wipes to area families through the Nappie Project
- Outreach efforts to help clients access programs like SNAP and WIC that provide them with additional food and essential items
- Our grocery rescue operations, which last year alone helped keep more than 8 million pounds of high-quality food out of landfills
- Local growers who supply our clients with nutritious fresh produce
With the support of our community, including our thousands of dedicated volunteers, that through all this we’re able to provide two meals’ worth of food for every $1 donated.
Check out our Colorado Gives Day page to learn more about how your support provides hope and a sense of normalcy to Larimer County residents who might otherwise have difficulty putting enough food on the table. You can also take a moment to watch Shirley’s story below. Shirley and her husband live on a fixed income and are raising a small child, and they regularly eat entire meals made with food they received from the Food Bank, thanks to donors like you.