In partnership with Feeding America, Walmart is offering $3 million in grants to the 50 food banks who receive the most votes during the Walmart Fight Hunger Spark Change campaign. Voting begins on September 15 and runs through October 5.
Here’s how it works:
- Starting Monday, September 15 and running through October 5, we need you to vote once a day at www.walmart.com/fighthunger. Search for the Food Bank for Larimer County to vote for us.
- You will need a Facebook account to vote (that’s how they’re verifying one vote per day per person). If you don’t have a Facebook account, but know someone who does, please consider asking them to vote! Your info won’t be shared with Walmart and you don’t have to like the Walmart page to participate.
- If you do have a Facebook account, please share this with all of your Facebook friends and ask them to vote for us (you can do this from the voting site).
- Set a calendar reminder to vote each day – it’s pretty easy and should only take a minute and it’s for a great cause!
- When we win – the $60,000 award will support hunger-relief programs in Larimer County. $15,000 of the grant will support three of our agency partners: Community Kitchen, KidsPak and the Murphy Center. The remainder will support our programs. You can learn more about the way we’ll all use the funding on the Food Bank for Larimer County’s page on www.walmart.com/fighthunger.